Blog Content

19 Jan 2016

The Old Photographs


- “What’s with this fascination to look for old pictures?”
- “I don’t know… Тhey tell a story. They speak about change, progress, the fact that everything passes through time…. People often forget about it and waste their given time.
Photographs remind me that one day I’ll be gone too and there won’t be much left - maybe a shirt with the smell of my perfume, and a worn-out photograph with my face glued to the piece of glossy paper.
I hope my story will inspire someone the way these black & white photographs inspire me, even if there are nothing more but memories from a banal existence...
Have you ever thought of everything that time sets in flames?
Have you thought of what it builds from the ashes?“
The Theater Group of Nevrokop, Bulgaria (1929)

Please note: All articles and photographs contained here are property of © Gypsy Letters, 2014 unless otherwise noted. No part of this website may be reproduced without the explicit permission of the copyright holder.

No comments:

Post a Comment